Standard Eligibility Requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age and out of school a year unless referred by a school division.
- Must meet the necessary academic pre-requisites and entrance requirements.
Literacy Services (Across the Region)
- One-on-one tutoring services (volunteer tutors)
- Training for volunteer tutors
- Resource materials
- Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (English as an Additional Language)
- Learning Labs (Fort Qu’Appelle, Kamsack, Yorkton)
- Part-time program to upgrade math and/or language skills for Adult 10 entry, GED, Adult 12 or post-secondary preparation.
- Movement to full-time ABE programs will be determined by attendance and academic progress.
Adult 10 (Fort Qu’Appelle, Kamsack, Melville, Yorkton)
Classes required for Adult 10 Certificate (5 credits):
- Social Studies
- and Life/ Work Studies
Adult 12 (All Campuses)
- Grade 12 credential recognized by employers and post-secondary institutions.
- 5 compulsory credits: ELA A30, ELA B30, a 20 or 30 level Science, Social Studies 30, and a 20 or 30 level math.
- Plus 2 electives at the 30 level (one credit may be granted for work experience)
GED (All Campuses)
- What is the GED? (click here to find out)
- Preparation and writing of five GED tests:
- Language Arts Writing
- Language Arts Reading
- Social Studies
- You must be a resident of Saskatchewan, at least 18 years old & without a Saskatchewan Grade 12 High School Diploma. Some exceptions may apply.
- Evening classes: Part-time evening classes are available in Yorkton. Other locations arranged according to need.
GED “Plus” (All Campuses)
- Preparation and writing of GED tests plus any pre-requisite courses required for further training
- Pre-requisite: Student must have a minimum Adult 10 to take 30-level credits and pass an entrance test.