All the proceeds from this tournament will go towards scholarships for College students entering into post-secondary programs at Parkland College explains Vanora Isaac, Dollars for Scholars Chairperson; “the golf tournament is a significant contribution to our overall scholarship initiative, which provides the opportunity for students within the region to stay and to study locally.” With the help of the Dollars for Scholars fund raising event, Parkland College was able to award over $65,000 in scholarships this past year. “In addition to supporting our event, RBC contributes a $1,000 annually to our scholarship fund for students enrolled in full-time business programs at Parkland College,” adds Isaac.
“The Dollars for Scholars was a great success thanks to the many generous donors, community supporters, volunteers, and sponsors,” says Isaac. As tournament sponsors, RBC, GX 94 and Fox FM, all played a major role in the overall success of the tournament. Approximately 90 golfers participated in this year’s tournament.
Join Parkland College at next year’s fund raising tournament scheduled to take place on June 17, 2011, at Deer Park Golf Course.
Results from the tournament are as follows:
- Straightest Drive Hole #4 – Sandra Hollinger
- Straightest Drive Hole #4 – Michael Buchholzer
- Closest to the Pin Men Hole #8 – Ryan Seal
- Closest to the Pin Women Hole #8 – Laurie Renton
- Longest Drive Men Hole #13 – Henry Hemmes
- Longest Drive Women Hole #13 – Deb Pryslak
- Longest Putt Men Hole #18 – Dwayne Reeve
- Longest Putt Women Hole #18 – Colleen Hartridge
- Winner of the Putting Contest – Gwen Stewart
- Winner of the Chipping Contest – Stephen Rosowsky
- Lowest Scoring Team –Keeseekoose Team 1: Denzil Kitchemoni Jr., Marion Littlewolfe, Henry Hemmes, Matt Procyshen
- Water Holes #8 & #16 – Jim Lind
- Fun Hole #9 – Mitchell Bodnarick
Parkland College provides a wide array of educational programs and services to adult learners including Adult Basic Education, University, SIAST and Institute programs, Industry programs, Literacy, English as an Additional Language, and Career and Student Services.