Parkland College is looking for families that would enjoy hosting and welcoming international students in their homes. Hosting a homestay is a great learning experience for both the international student and family. Currently we are looking for a family that will host one male student from India starting January 2011.
According to William Litchfield, Director of Advancement, “some international students choose a homestay and our College for many reasons.” Litchfield adds, “`For starters, some students may want to learn more about our Canadian life and culture and/or some may want to improve their English.” Other reasons may include:
- receive a supportive transition to a new community,
- develop lifelong friendships,
- smaller class sizes which allows for more student and instructor interaction,
- receive a supportive learning structure,
- obtain a better understanding of what it is like to live in rural Canada, and
- lower cost of living.
Families that are interested in learning more about the opportunity and/or hosting an international student are to contact William Litchfield at 306.786.7331.